[Fcs-grad] FCS department CANVAS Study Session with Rebekah Grow (TACC) 1:30pm-3:00pm 4/18/12 in AEB 330 Computer Lab

Sandy M Stark sandy.stark at fcs.utah.edu
Tue Apr 17 14:36:50 MDT 2012

From: Zhou Yu
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 12:10
To: fcs-faculty-request at lists.fcs.utah.edu
Cc: Rebekah Grow
Subject: A CANVAS Study Session with Rebekah Grow (TACC) 1:30pm-3:00pm 4/18/12 in AEB 330 Computer Lab
Here is a reminder.

A CANVAS study session with Rebekah Grow from TACC will take place this Wednesday afternoon (4/18/12) from 1:30 to 3pm in AEB 330 Computer Lab.

If you have general questions for Rebekah, you can email me directly. I will prepare a list of questions for her.

She plans to provide us with the most up-to-date information on the transition from WebCT to CANVAS, with a particular focus on how to migrate content between the two platforms. She will also share with us some of the best practices on CANVAS.

She will discuss new functions on CANVAS. Since most of us are familiar with WebCT, she is likely to discuss the new capability in a comparative framework.

We should have some time in the end to exchange ideas about online teaching and about CANVAS.

Let me know if you have anything to add.

Looking forward to seeing you this Wednesday.

Zhou