[Fcs-grad] Community Engagement Day to Support Hartland Partnership Center - April 29th

Marissa Lynn Diener Marissa.Diener at fcs.utah.edu
Wed Apr 15 08:17:12 MDT 2015

Hi, everyone.  As you know, Wednesday, April 29th is Community Engagement Day at the U.  There are many opportunities
to volunteer, support, and get engaged...  The walk-a-thon will be occurring again this year - you are encouraged to walk for
an hour and donate an hour of your salary.  The proceeds go to the Community Engaged Scholarship fund.  See this link for more information:

http://engagementday.utah.edu/

I'd also like to highlight two other opportunities that I am personally involved in:

1.  Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah Drive - will collect used clothing and household items beginning Monday, April 20. Please bring items to the Annex Building, Room 1202
between Monday, April 20-Wed., April 29th.  This is the Utah branch of a national organization that provides one-on-one mentoring to youth.

2.  On April 29th, 20% of purchases At UGURT (the yogurt place near AEB)  between noon and 9PM will go towards a sports court for youth and families at the Hartland Partnership Center.  This court is
desperately needed.  You need to mention "Hartland, The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences or Community Engagement Day at UGurt on 1330 East, 200 South.
I am going to go down there in the afternoon some - if you'd like to join me, let me know, and we can work out a time that works for people.  I've never been there, but I think it is
frozen yogurt...

Please consider getting involved!
Thanks!
-Marissa