[Fcs-grad] FW: Lori Kowaleski-Jones to serve as next Chair of FCS

ASHLEY ANNE JOHNSON ashley.johnson at fcs.utah.edu
Tue Jun 9 07:50:50 MDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to report that Lori Kowaleski-Jones has agreed to serve as the next chair of the Department of Family and Consumer Studies.  As you all know Lori is a productive scholar, dedicated teacher, and has also served in various service roles in the department that prepare her to serve as chair, most recently as Associate Chair.  Her appointment will begin July 1, pending the approval of VPAA Watkins.  I would like to thank Lori for agreeing to serve in this important role and I look forward to working with her.

In addition, I'd like to thank Rob Mayer for his tremendous service to the department.  As you all know Rob agreed to serve as chair, during a time when the department greatly benefitted from his strong leadership.  I am especially grateful for Rob agreeing to serve, despite the fact that he has just completed a decade of service in this role!!  Please join me in thanking Rob for his willingness to serve and the ways in which the department has benefitted from his excellent leadership.

Best,  Cindy

Cynthia A. Berg
Dean, College of Social and Behavioral Science
Professor of Psychology
260 S. Central Campus Drive
Orson Spencer Hall, Rm 205
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
801-581-8620; 801-585-5081 (FAX)
Lab website:  http://www.psych.utah.edu/people/person.php?id=50
Consortium on Families and Health Research:  http://www.utah.edu/faculty/c-fahr/
http://www.csbs.utah.edu/
[Description: news_icon2.gif]<http://www.csbs.utah.edu/newsletter.html> [Description: cid:image005.png at 01CC31A3.D4347660] <http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/84378472.rss>  [Description: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/uofucsbs>  [Description: Twitter] <http://twitter.com/uofucsbs>  [Description: YouTube] <http://www.youtube.com/uofucsbs>