[Fcs-grad] FW: Theses and Dissertations in Family and Consumer Sciences Content Areas in 2019 Data Collection

jessie x. fan fan at fcs.utah.edu
Sat Jul 4 14:55:50 MDT 2020

From: FCSRJ CSM <fcsrj at ches.ua.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 11:51 AM
To: Wilmarth, Melissa <mwilmarth at ches.ua.edu>
Cc: Milstead, Morgan <mmilstead at ches.ua.edu>
Subject: Theses and Dissertations in Family and Consumer Sciences Content Areas in 2019 Data Collection

Greetings!

The American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, (AAFCS) invites you to submit titles of the theses and dissertations in Family and Consumer Sciences completed at your academic institution during calendar year 2019.

The compilation of titles will be published in the December 2020 issue of the Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal (FCSRJ). This is an annual project for the FCSRJ and highlights the accomplishments of your graduate students as well as their research interests.  There is no cost for your unit or program to feature titles of students' theses and dissertations in the FCSRJ.

We are asking for total number of degrees granted (M.A., M.S., Ph.D., Ed.D., non-thesis, etc.) as well as area of focus, and advisor (committee chair) for the student. This information will be featured in the article.

You may submit your information by using the attached Excel File for non-thesis students, theses, and dissertations completed during 2019. If you use the Excel form, you may attach the form as a file and include the name of the institution in the file name (e.g., Cornell). Please submit your completed forms to me by July 31, 2020.  Reporting no degrees awarded is also helpful to the process. We know that the COVID-19 pandemic has put more stress within academic systems, however we appreciate you taking the time to report this important information.

The e-mail submission is strongly preferred and easy to do; however, alternative submissions are available. If you have questions please e-mail me at fcsrj at ches.ua.edu<mailto:fcsrj at ches.ua.edu> or call me at 205-348-7954.

For greatest contact, multiple individuals from your unit may have been contacted for this process, so you may not be the only recipient. However, if there are other colleges or departments at your institution that grant degrees in the listed categories, please forward this message and the attached forms to encourage their submissions, as well. I you are not the appropriate contact for this information, please pass along this e-mail to the appropriate contact. It is important to reflect the breadth of family and consumer sciences (human ecology, human sciences, etc.) productivity in this upcoming article.

Thank you for your prompt response. We look forward to listing your students' thesis and dissertation titles in FCSRJ. Your participation helps to recognize your graduate students' accomplishments and to record the research efforts of family and consumer sciences graduates from your institution for posterity.