[Fcs-staff] Row for the Cure

Julie Carmalt jc4321 at csbs.utah.edu
Thu Aug 28 12:25:27 MDT 2003

Dear FCS'ers,

On Saturday, September 6th, I will be participating in the Great Salt Lake Rowing club’s first annual “Row for the Cure” to benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.  I will be rowing an 8K event course and am accepting per-kilometer, per-stroke (approx. 1100 strokes), and/or flat fee pledges.  I have a pledge sign-up sheet posted on the faculty mailbox door in the office if you wish to participate in this important event.  You supply the cash – I’ll supply the sweat and blood.

Also, I will be attaching pink ribbons to my boat in honor of breast cancer victims and survivors.  If you wish for me to row in honor of someone you know who as been affected by breast cancer, please let me know and I will be happy to make a ribbon for her and row in her name.

Thank you for caring,
Julie

Julie Carmalt, MS
Associate Instructor