[Fcs-staff] [Fwd: Steve Rensch and co.]

Sandra Earl sandra.earl at lists.csbs.utah.edu
Tue Jan 14 08:26:57 MST 2003

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Steve Rensch and co.
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:30:14 -0800 (PST)
From: Yvonne Rensch <yvonnerensch at yahoo.com>
To: sandra.earl at fcs.utah.edu
CC: irene.ota at fcs.utah.edu

Hello, Sandra and Irene!  Send this on to interested
colleages. Sorry I took so long to send this, it seems
I'm four or five hands short these days.  I hope you
had lovely holidays.  I wanted to say thanks again for
your gifts to our family, it made things easier for
us.  We had a nice Christmas, Steve got to come home
for a few hours.  Our baby was born on the 27th.
Steve got to be there and watch the delivery. Elijah
Stephen Rensch (boy) was 7 lbs 13 oz, 20 1/2 in, full
head of dark hair and gray eyes.  He had some trouble
after delivery.  His first breath popped a hole in his
lung so he was in the intensive nursery for an extra
week.  I finally got to take him home with an oxygen
tank, which will be gone sometime next week, we hope.
He's a beautiful and contented baby, sleeps alot, so I
have time to get other things done.  I couldn't have
asked for more.  I'm recovering well, I'll soon be up
for bringing Steven home at the end of February.
Steve moved to South David Community Hospital, for a
little more recovery and therapy time.  He's in love
with his son, and gets to hold him with his right arm,
which is getting very strong and is increasing in
controlled motion.  Steve's trach and feeding tube are
out and he gets to take his neck brace off at the end
of January. He's learning how to eat with a spoon and
can drive his powerchair just about anywhere he wants
(although elevators are a trick).  I have lots to do
and lots to look forward to.  Thanks for supporting
our family through this trying time.  Attached are
some pictures, I hope they come out OK.  Yvonne.