[Fcs-staff] Final IPIA senior candidate--participation call

Lori Kowaleski-Jones lori.kowaleski-jones at fcs.utah.edu
Thu Jan 12 13:16:45 MST 2006

Hi all,

The last candidate for the senior position in IPIA is coming to campus.
  He is Brian Barber, now at the University of Tennessee.  The
Department of Psychology is hosting his visit, and has set aside an one
hour slot where he will come to 220 and meet with FCS faculty.

I would like a commitment from at least 3 faculty members to meet with
him at this time.  His research is squarely in the area of human
development with a special nod towards youth violence in an
international context.  I do not plan to attend this meeting, as I will
already be involved with him from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. that day.

Below, I give the info on his visit days, seminar and time with FCS
faculty.  You can find out more information about Barber at the IPIA
website--- http://www.ipia.utah.edu/faculty.html

January 23rd 2006
10:30-11:30 a.m.	         Meet with FCS faculty January 23rd in AEB 220
1:30-3 p.m.   		His seminar in the Hinckley Caucus Room

In addition, you can also contact Vito Rontini
(vito.rontino at psych.utah.edu | (801) 581-8632 ) in Pysch to see about
other opporunities for meeting with Barber during his visit.  If you
have any questions about his visit, please feel free to contact either
Cindy Berg (581-8239), his faculty host in Psych, or me.

Lori Kowaleski-Jones, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Family and Consumer Studies
University of Utah
225 South, 1400 East
Room 228 AEB
Salt Lake City, Utah  84112-0080