[Fcs-staff] Scheduling for Emery Lighting Project

Sandra P Earl sandra.earl at fcs.utah.edu
Tue Apr 27 17:04:21 MDT 2010

As some of you might already know, there is a plan to update the lighting in the Alfred Emery Building.   I will give you as much information as I know at this time.   The project is scheduled to begin right away.

Justin Skinner from Copper Mountain Electric will be here to begin work on the 2nd Floor either tonight or tomorrow night.  He will be issued master keys so will have access to every room in the building.  His plan is to work from about 5:00 PM to 1:30 AM for the next 3 or 4 nights to complete work in all the offices on the 2nd Floor.  He will replace ballasts and lamps in all offices.  In a couple of offices, he will replace fixtures.  Justin estimates he will be working in each office for about 30 minutes.  Lighting in the 2nd Floor hallways will also be changed but at a later date.

Work will proceed through Spring and Summer throughout the whole building until it is complete.   Copper Mountain Electric workers will try to work around the schedules of everyone and be as non-intrusive as possible while they are here.   I will give you updates as I get them.

You may not notice any difference in the way your lights look, but I'm told the lighting will be different and better.

Sandra