[Fcs-staff] FW: Your support case #18009 has been resolved ID:[4an1ic/55998/18009]

Sandra P Earl sandra.earl at fcs.utah.edu
Wed Sep 29 16:59:16 MDT 2010

From: helpdesk at csbs.utah.edu [mailto:helpdesk at csbs.utah.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:21 PM
To: Sandra P Earl
Cc: Joshua N Shupe
Subject: Your support case #18009 has been resolved ID:[4an1ic/55998/18009]

Dear SANDRA EARL,

We believe we have resolved your case about "Repair status on 243 computer".  The resolution is:

The replacement hard drive just arrived. It would take the same amount of time to rebuild another computer and install the necessary software as it would to install the new hard drive and the necessary software. I will let you know as soon as this computer is back up and running.

----------------
A replacement hard drive was ordered from Dell. As soon as it arrives we will rebuild that computer and get it back in place. I expect that to be early next week. I will keep the original repair request open until then and will keep you posted on the status.

If you feel that this case has not been resolved, please reply to this email within two weeks.

Please do not reply to this email unless you wish to reopen the case.

Click here to provide feedback<https://proto.csbs.utah.edu/gui2/login.jsp?keyID=0&user=feedback&password=f33back&kb=CSBS&State=New:Feedback&Field=case_id:18009&gui=no&exiturl=https://support.csbs.utah.edu/ewhd&cancelurl=https://support.csbs.utah.edu/ewhd>

Feedback may be submitted within two weeks of a case closing.

Further information about your case is included below.

ID:

18009

Type of Issue:

I Have A Question

Repair status on 243 computer

Request Description:

Just wondering if you have any idea as to when the computer in 243 will be ready for those who are waiting to scan exams. Thanks so much for fixing it!.
Sandra

Additional Notes:

[SANDRA EARL Sep 28 2010 10:49:51]
Sandra:

It's the computer and not the scanner itself? Why don't we have college computing just swap that computer out with a different one so scanning can continue? I don't ask for myself--my midterms are already done--but for others.

Nick

Closed

Assigned To:

Josh Shupe