Guidelines for a Marxist Ideological Dynamics

The New Flag lquispe at blythe.org
Fri Oct 10 07:50:34 MDT 1980

Proletarians of All Countries, Unite!

THE CORRECT LINE IS FORGED IN THE COURSE OF THE STRUGGLE WITH THE
INCORRECT LINE

Guidelines for Practical Action and Ideological Dynamics (Unity-
Struggle-Transformation):

"The Marxist philosophy of dialectical materialism has two outstanding
characteristics.  One is its class nature: it openly avows that
dialectical materialism. It is in the service of the proletariat.  The
other is its practicability: it emphasizes the dependence of theory on
practice, emphasizes that theory is based on practice and in turn serves
practice." Mao Tse-Tung, 1937.

"Even though we have attained great achievements, there is no reason to
be arrogant. Modesty makes you move forward, arrogance makes you go
backwards. We should always remember this truth." Mao Tse- Tung, 1956.

"Yesterday a comrade said that we could not go wrong if we follow a
certain individual.  By `a certain individual' he meant me. This
statement needs modification.  We should follow and yet not follow.  An
individual is sometimes right and sometimes wrong.  Follow him when he
is right, and do not follow him when he is wrong.  We must not follow
without discrimination. We follow Marx and Lenin, and Stalin in most
places.  We follow whoever has the truth in his hands. Even if he is a
manure carrier or street sweeper, but as long as he has the truth we
should follow him ... wherever truth is, we follow. Do not follow any
particular individual.  It is dangerous to follow an individual without
discrimination. We must have independent thinking." Mao Tse-Tung, 1958.

"The correct line is forged in the course of the struggle with the
incorrect line." Mao Tse-Tung, 1959.

"When we study, we do so with the aim to apply, to resolve live
problems, otherwise we fall into book worship or into repetition, and
that is a bourgeois, idealist and metaphysical method."  President
Gonzalo, Central Committee, Communist Party of Peru (PCP), 1990.

"It is worthwhile to pay special attention to how we base ourselves on
the all-powerful ideology of Marxism-Leninism-Maoism,
Gonzalo Thought, since it is the only way to banish selfishness, the
source of revisionism."  Central Committee, Communist Party of Peru
(PCP), 1991.

Continued...
Published by The New Flag
30-08 Broadway, Suite 159