SHORT! reply to Steve

eugeneh eugeneh at HUMANITIES1.COHUMS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Tue Aug 9 09:07:02 MDT 1994

     Thanks for the cites: I hope to have the opportunity to look into
     those articles soon.

     In the meantime, my impression of our disagreement at this point
     remains that you think that Marx's critique of political economy
     should (or that one version of it did) produce an explanation of
     capitalism as a coherent system (i.e. account for "net value"),
     whereas I think his critique (or one version of it) explains the
     production of surplus-value under capitalism (while not really trying
     to paper over contradictions in the system).

     I'll now bow out of the discussion and see what light your articles
     shed on the issues.

     Gene Holland