stats

wesley david cecil wcecil at indiana.edu
Fri Aug 19 13:07:12 MDT 1994

no better nor worse than anyone ever has.  Also, it would seem to me that
if the modern world is not a mess, what could possibly qualify as one?  I
mean our world is serisouly fucked up, which is to say it follows quite
logically from what we know about all societies preceding ours, equally
messed up but in different ways.  So, unless we subscribe to an
enlightenment project wherein the truth shall make us free(which I
clearly do not) stats are not worthless, but they are also not solutions,
nor even unproblematically helpful.
Wes