Causality -Reply

MADINANE at newschool.edu MADINANE at newschool.edu
Sat Dec 17 12:32:04 MST 1994

(5.67a8/1.34)

Lulu,

Exactly. Chaotic processes are ultimately deterministic,
unequivocably.
That's why I recommended a probabilistic causality that is objective.
I believe this flows naturally from seeing things as essentially pro-
cesses. How to represent things are processes might seem a bit of a
challenge, but it's not so hard, I have decided (after much head
scrat- ching).

  Haines Brown

    brownh at ccsu.ctstateu.edu
    ZOC (V2.01) under OS/2 2.11

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
At least as the way the universe appears to unfold, Haines Brown is
correct. In all probability, every microscopic arrangement presents
itself as a possible majority of states that are chaotic and in which
no particular large-scale patterns stands out.  But some of these are
unique if not special.

Order or stability comes from chaos and from this a prediction can be
made that entropy--or measure choas- will rise within a closed
system. For instance, an unshuffled deck of cards when shaffled (made
random) raises the possibilty that when shuffled long enough must
eventually return to its orignal state--"choatic proceses are
ultimately deterministic...?

Thami
New School for Social Research
Department of Economics