Undeliverable Mail and bad addresses

Jonathan P. Beasley-Murray jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Wed Dec 28 20:37:25 MST 1994

On Wed, 28 Dec 1994, Jim Hurd wrote:

> 	Jeez, folks, I don't think Rose Peters is getting her mail.  This
> is about the tenth one of these I've gotten.
> 	(stuff about undeliverable mail deleted.)

The address that has been causing problems has been unsubscribed.

It seems, however, that the problem arose because the address had an
underline in it (it was rose_peter at etc.).  All those who have such
addresses should know that due to internet-wide software changes, these
addresses will cause increasing problems.  Please see your local
technical person about this if it affects you.

Take care

Jon

Jon Beasley-Murray
Literature Program