Lenin quote

Flannon fjackson at du.edu
Sun Nov 6 19:39:30 MST 1994

Here you go:

V.I. Lenin, Collected Works, vol. 14, 1908, Progress Publishers, Moscow,
fourth printing 1977. _Materialism and Empirio-Criticism_; chapter 5 "The
recent Revolution in Natural science, and Philosophical Idealism";
section 5 "The Two Trends in Modern Physics, and German Idealism; p. 289
"The unity of nature is revealed in the 'astonishing analogy' between the
differential equations of the various realms of phenomena."  The interior
quotation marks are provided by Lenin in reference to Ludwig Boltzmann,
whom he uses as a foil against symbolic physics and as an indication of a
turn towards dialectical materialism within modern physics.

Hope that's helpful.

While we're on this subject, does anybody know where I can get a copy of
Materialism and Empirico-Criticism?  I have been using a friends copy,
but he needs it back and I've been unable to find a book store that can
order one for me.

Flannon