Mies -- Mohanty

Rebecca Hill hillx018 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Sat Nov 12 13:01:34 MST 1994

Anne F,
I'd be curious to hear more of what you have to say about Mies,
who I've only heard of the context of Chandra Mohanty's essay, "Under
Western Eyes." (Is this the same person?) What's the work of hers that
you're interested in? I'd be curious to read it and talk with you about it
on this list. I'm particularly interested these days in trying to figure
out how feminists have dealt with concepts of class and race....as I'm
hoping that feminism has the potential to become revolutionary (again?) in
the future. Certainly people like Luxembourg should be more central to
our own understanding of feminist history, as should other less famous
Marxist-feminists such as Claudia Jones.
-Rebecca