Exploitation and all that...

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Sun Nov 13 20:42:08 MST 1994

Lulu's line seems to be that exploitation ain't exploitation
unless it can be measured (and, further, that it can be
measured only when it takes the form of the production of
commodities).  But what is the justification for that view?
We may not be able to quantify the degree of exploitation of,
say, a peasant in a feudal society, but we can certainly
say that the peasant class as a whole is exploited.   Where
else does the food consumed by the landlords, priests, etc
come from?

Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics
Wake Forest University