Enlightenment - - "nale"?

Andrew Hagen hagena at mhd1.moorhead.msus.edu
Tue Nov 15 12:49:16 MST 1994

On Tue, 15 Nov 1994, Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters (Dave) wrote:

> One thing I did find pretty amusing was what I thought was the
> rather obvious sexism in Schwartz response to some of the
> discussion.  I get the feeling that some of the patronizing tone was
> because he didn't think a girl like me should presume to be a Marx
> scholar

Where did he say this? Where did he imply this? This claim seems
particularly ridiculous. How is that when you "get the feeling" you need
no evidence to prove your point?

> (others on the list have suggested this in email to me).

Who? Name names.

> The REAL LIE is to claim a male gender, thereby claiming all these
> sexist presumptions to authority based on that rather than on the
> actual arguments I make. It's MUCH MORE honest to use a name people
> will find female, because the very sexism of society frees one (to
> an extent) from participating in a much larger dishonesty (the fraud
> of male authority).

Sure, Dave. Whatever you want to believe. I find it humorous that a man
scores points for himself by pretending to be a female victim of sexist
comments. Instead of addressing your own sexism you shroud yourself in the
cloak of a woman and pretend to be wholly non-sexist.

__
Andrew Hagen                              hagena at mhd1.moorhead.msus.edu