The value of each individual

Jonathan P. Beasley-Murray jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Wed Nov 16 11:07:39 MST 1994

On Wed, 16 Nov 1994, Louis N Proyect wrote:

> Without naming names, I just want to take this opportunity to urge
> members of this list to return to the kind of serious discussion that had
> marked it in previous months.

I would like to second Louis's suggestions here.

> --I think the idea of subdividing the list into topics or interest groups
> might be productive and worth experimenting with.

However, I would be interested in how to go about this task.

At present it seems to me that this should be relatively unnecessary so
long as those posting made sure that their subject lines corresponded to
the topics actually under discussion in the body of the message.

Generally, I appreciate the fact that this is a pretty interdisciplinary
list--ironically, some time ago many felt that there were too many
economists rather than too many in cultural studies.

However, I would also be interested in the idea of new, more specialized
(and smaller, hence less time-consuming) lists, like the frankfurt-school
list, although that hasn't seen much action at all.  Any ideas?  Private
replies would probably be best.

> Louis Proyect

Jon

Jon Beasley-Murray