reply to Keen

Steve.Keen at unsw.EDU.AU Steve.Keen at unsw.EDU.AU
Mon Oct 3 16:29:27 MDT 1994

Fred,

Since you don't accept that the question you posed:

2.  that Marx assumed that the value transferred from the means of
production is determined by their use-value.

is at all answered by the cite I provided last time:

"So far as constant capital enters into the production of commodities,
it is not its exchange-value, but its  use-value alone, which matters...
the assistance rendered by a machine to, say, three labourers does not
depend on its value, but on its use-value as a machine." (Capital, Vol.
III, p. 80. )

then I can't see any point in referring you to further cites, separate
from an attempt to interpret them. I suggest you attempt to download
the thesis (from which those cites were excerpted, and in which I
do attempt an interpretation) from the ftp sites which Jon and I
mentioned.
Cheers,
Steve Keen