More about that relativ

Philip Goldstein pgold at strauss.udel.edu
Tue Oct 4 05:41:28 MDT 1994

	Chris Connery writes that "I generally agree with Paul Cockshott
when he writes that
"I can not think of any conjuncture in which academics have posed a
serious threat to the established order."
	How about these academics: Georg Lukacs, who studied with Max
Weber; and Louis Althusser, who studied with Canguilhem and other French
academics? Antonio Gramsci was not an academic, but he studied with the
Italian philosopher Benedetto Croce. Angela Davis is an academic who
studied with Herbert Marcuse, I think. What about Cornel West at
Princeton? Should I keep listing them?

Philip Goldstein