Book stores?

Jonathan P. Beasley-Murray jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Wed Oct 5 12:07:24 MDT 1994

On Wed, 5 Oct 1994, Jukka Laari wrote:

> Can anyone tell me, please, the address of some book store, which will
> deliver books by mail? I guess, that stores in/near NYC or Los Angeles
> would be the best picks because of direct airlines to Finland (mail comes
> fast)?

Well, it's in Chicago, but the Seminary Co-op claims to have the best
academic book selection in the US, costs $30 to join ($50 if you want to
set up an account--ie. credit) and offers a 10% discount to members who
pay by cash or cheque.

I've only just joined (so I can't say how efficient they are), but I can
pass on the address to any interested.

Then there's also Heffers in the UK (Cambridge) which offers free
accounts (*no interest*--a la Amex but no annual fee) and whose
efficiency I can verify.  Their address is:
W. Heffer & Sons Ltd, PO Box 33, Cambridge, CB2 1TX, UK
tel. (0223) 358351

> Yours,
> Jukka Laari

Take care