universities

wesley david cecil wcecil at ucs.indiana.edu
Wed Oct 5 18:34:40 MDT 1994

reason why academics are expected to be any more radical than anyone
else.  As a group, I imagine that statistically academics are pretty
representative of the politics of the middle-class at large of which they
are a member.  Why would we expect otherwise?  I mean, Marx was an
intellectual and wanted to be an academic, he seemed to mostly write
write write, why should we do anything else?  Finally, considering the
emphasis Marx placed on the proletariat, shouldn the revolution arrive,
why wouldn't the revolutionaries burn the universities down with all the
other repressive state apparati?

Wes