Wilhelm Reich

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 14 08:18:32 MDT 1994

One extremely valuable thing about Reich (though it's been years since I
read the Mass Psychology of Fascism) is his argument that the left cannot
fight fascism (to use modern language) technocratically, or with reason
alone. It must be a bloody and lusty fight, since fascism is an
eros-tinged doctrine. In these days of rampant neofascism and bloodless
frightened lefties, it's somthing to learn from.

Reich did revise the Mass Psychology late in life, after he'd decided
that Ike had "good orgones," right?

Doug

Doug Henwood [dhenwood at panix.com]
Left Business Observer