Wilhelm Reich

Andrew Daitsman adaitsma at trincoll.edu
Fri Oct 14 12:19:47 MDT 1994

Anybody read the Nation this week?  Cockburn reported on a scholarly
paper (can't recall author or journal) in which it was argued that the
Italians used _coitus interruptus_ as a cultural means of resisting
Mussolini's demographic policy.  Apparently, the Fascists had banned the
sale of all forms of birth control, so self-control became the only
remaining option.

I guess the thinking was that if Il Duce wanted us to have lots of kids,
we're just not going to have any at all.  Cockburn wrote that the tricky
part was ensuring that the woman got an orgasm, but didn't get pregnant.

Andy Daitsman