Nietzsche and Marx

Justin Schwartz jschwart at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Sun Oct 30 06:50:35 MST 1994

See Karl Loewith (I think that's the name, umlaut instead of oe), From
Hegel to Nietzsche; Marshall Berman, Everything Solid Melts Into Air;
possibly Ernst Cassirer, The Problem of Knowledge. What about Haydn
White's Metahistory (which I think is not very good)?

It's odd. There ought to be more on the topic. Hegel, Marx and Nietzsche
is a pretty standard 19th C history of philosophy course. I've taught it
myself. Bryan, if you ruin into Fritjhof Bergmann, you might ask him for
ideas.

--Justin