Marx on Wakefield

Norman Feltes bignoise at YorkU.CA
Fri Sep 2 18:39:39 MDT 1994

By way of introduction: I'm NorM Feltes, recently (early) retired professor
of English at York University, Toronto. Part of my reason for retiring early
was to work on a project to do with ideologies of settlement in 19th C. Upper
Canada (Ontario). In Capital, Vol I, (Penguin, 1976) Marx talks about Edward
Gibbon Wakefield's scheme of "systematic colonization" (pp.932-40). \Can
anyone tell me 1) if and where Marx discusses Wakefield elsewhere, and 2) are
there any critiques of Marx on Wakefield? Thanks.

Norm Feltes \