more racism

lisa rogers lisa.rogers at m.cc.utah.edu
Thu Apr 6 20:08:47 MDT 1995

I agree that categorization by race only obscures much of relevance.  I
am constantly amazed at all the stats on "racial differences" - they are
always raw numbers, no control for anything.  All you have to do is
control for family income and nearly all "racial" differences disappear.
I often point this out (to non-marxians I know) and people are
sometimes surprised and interested.  They often do seem to find this
relevant.  Occasionally I hear something about it on the news, as if it
were a new story, but the very next day, the same old stats continue,
totally misleading.

Lisa Rogers