Guy DeBord suicide

Malcolm.MacLean at vuw.ac.nz Malcolm.MacLean at vuw.ac.nz
Mon Apr 10 17:56:30 MDT 1995

Last week this message was posted.  Has anyone heard anything?  I have seen
nothing on the list but wonder if anyone has replied direct to Bill.  If
so, can you send it on to me as well?

Thanks in anticipation.

>I just learned that Guy Debord, of the Situationist International
>and author of _La Societe du Spectacle_ committed suicide about
>two or three months ago. Does anyone have any info on this, seen
>any obits, etc.? Many thanks-
>
>Bill Koehnlein <nyms1 at nyxfer.blythe.org>

Malcolm MacLean
malcolm.maclean at vuw.ac.nz

Everyone talks of freedom, but there are few that act for freedom, and the
actors for freedom are oppressed by the talkers.
                                                 Gerard Winstanley
To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call
on them to give up a condition that requires illusions.
                                                 Karl Marx
A revolutionary organization must always remember that its objective is not
getting people to listen to speeches by expert leaders, but getting them to
speak for themselves.
                                                 Guy Debord