PURELY ACADEMIC, MARX-BAITING, LOST MESSAGES?

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Thu Apr 13 22:35:10 MDT 1995

 > The fault, dear comrades, lies not in our Marx but in ourselves.

I like what you say here Ralph. Whenever we get that feeling that we want
to drive an ice pick right through the middle of someone else's thoughts,
we are in touch with Stalin.

And while I agree with you that there is a lot of abstract fluff - much
more off this list than on it - the more we rush around the faster the
fluff flies !

That is why for me an important test is the possibility of a link with
practice.

What do you do in New York?

I see from looking you up on the apc system that you are on Peacenet (not
ConflictNet !) and that you list as your first interest "humanism".

In order to start changing the material world, with which people do you
make partial, limited and cooperative alliances? How do you tolerate
their inevitable stupidity, and ask them to tolerate yours?

And what practical things do you aim to do together ?

Regards,

Chris