Sloterdijk

Justin Schwartz jschwart at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Fri Apr 14 11:19:20 MDT 1995

On Fri, 14 Apr 1995, Jon Beasley-Murray wrote:

> Whatever, if I were hunting for Minnesota books I might recommend
> Thewelheit's _Male Fantasies_,

Let me second that motion. This two-volume study, basaed on journals,
letters, and novels by members of the proto-Nazi Freikorps which helped
suppress the German revolution in 1918-1923, is one of the most profound
meditations I have ever encounterred on the nature of fascism and its
connection to mysogeny. Despitre being in the Minnesota series and setting
aside a nod to Deleuze and Guatteri, it is written in clear prose which
lots of careful textual support, crisp and well-developed arguments, and
real attention to empirical reality. It's lovely.

--Justin Schwartz