Marxism as science

Kenny Mostern kennym at uclink2.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 14 10:12:04 MDT 1995

>        Don't get me wrong once again. I believe that much of the analysis
> by Marx and other Marxists was very good, and penetrates quite deeply into
> the heart of society. That's hardly the same as calling it a science. Any

Actually, that's quite a lot the same as calling it a "science".  As
though things that get to count as "real" sciences don't have their
models overturned repeatedly or generationally.  As though we could
proceed to social analysis from some perspective other than the honest
attempt to establish the laws of the operation of a given system, knowing
all along that we won't ever get it just right.

Kenny Mostern
UC-Berkeley Ethnic Studies Graduate Group

Against:  racism, sexism, homophobia, capitalism, militarism
For:  the truth--and the funk!