CPUSA

Philip Goldstein pgold at strauss.udel.edu
Sat Apr 15 12:57:25 MDT 1995

	Doug Henwood is right about the CP of the '30's but not about
the CP of the '80's. I was discussing the motives for the recent split,
not the whole history of the CP. My comments are only libelous in that
they challenge a narrow, dogmatic view of the industrial workingclass.
Irwin Marquit, Minnesota, wrote a thorough account of the split. He could
forward it to anyone who is interested, I suppose.
Philip Goldstein