spinoza?

Jon Beasley-Murray jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Sun Apr 16 17:20:30 MDT 1995

I'd be a taker for a discussion of Spinoza and his possible uses for Marxism.

I wonder, however, if such a discussion here might not be extra
traffic (on an already very busy line) and not directly related to the
main topic of discussion.

Therefore, I'm going to see if we can use one of the spoon collective's
temporary "seminar" l*sts for such a discussion, which could then take
place separate from the main marxism l*st.  We could use this space for a
Spinoza-Marx discussion for a limited time--say until September?--and see
what transpires.  It could then be a "summer project" for those so
interested (Steves Keen and Wright and Juan etc. would have to regard it
as a winter project--but no harm there, I think).

If this is of interest, please respond to me privately (or, if necessary,
publicly) and I will try to get this set up.

Take care

Jon

Jon Beasley-Murray
Literature Program