Negri -Reply

Lisa Rogers EQDOMAIN.EQWQ.LROGERS at email.state.ut.us
Mon Apr 17 13:41:29 MDT 1995

>>> Adam Bandt <bandt at cleo.murdoch.edu.au>  4/16/95, 09:09am >>>
I am currently struggling my way through _Labor of Dionysus_. I'll
jump  at the opportunity of a reading group of it (as someone
suggested  earlier). However, as the book is a collection of
connected yet separate  essays, might it be useful to pick sections
of it?

I'd suggest chapter 3 in Part I. This essay deals specifically with
the importance of understanding the juridicalisation of labour, and
in  trying to grasp Hardt and Negri's analysis of the incorporation
by the  "social State" of labour via "constitutionalisation", I am
running up  against a number of brick walls. Before elaborating, it
would be useful  to know whether anyone has any interest in this book
and particularly the  issue of the place of law an legal thought and
their relationships to  labour and capital in the context of the
political economy of the state.

I am.  Lisa Rogers