Spinoza/Marx--PLEASE READ

Jon Beasley-Murray jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Tue Apr 18 12:09:50 MDT 1995

Below is the information about the new list on spinoza and Marx.  If
anyone objects to the information sheet, we can discuss this on the new list.

For myself, I know that I will not be able to enter fully into this
project until a few weeks have passed.  In the meantime we can exchange
introductions and ideas for how the discussion should proceed.

Take care

Jon

Jon Beasley-Murray
Literature Program
Duke University
jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Welcome to seminar-14, a temporary list on Spinoza and Marxism

This list is an offshoot of the spoon collective's marxism list, and
arises from an interest in discussing Spinoza in so far as his work
intersects with or can be understood through marxism.  This project, of
reading Spinoza, Spinozist Marxism and Marxist Spinozism, is anticipated
to last the Summer of 1995 (until the beginning of September).

To subscribe, send the message "subscribe seminar-14" to
majordomo at lists.village.virginia.edu

To unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe seminar-14" to
majordomo at lists.village.virginia.edu

To send a message to the list, send it to
seminar-14 at lists.village.virginia.edu

Please introduce yourself and your interest in Spinoza and Marxism.

We will probably structure the list through a series of readings, to gain
a common framework and ground for our discussions.  Digressions and the
introduction of new concerns are, however, expected and welcomed.  Still,
participants in the list will probably be expected to spend some time on
the collective readings that the list agrees to undertake.

All this is, of course, open to negotiation and discussion by
list-participants.

The list has an archive, available via. ftp, gopher and the WWW, the
latter at http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu/~spoons.  For more
information please contact jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu.

For a further guide as to the expected framework of the list, it might be
helpful to look at the info sheet for the marxism list (send the message
"info marxism" to majordomo at lists.village.virginia.edu).  This info sheet
will also give information on how to subscribe to the marxism list or its
digest.

Please address any questions or queries not appropriate for the list as a
whole to Jon Beasley-Murray, jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu