Marxism as science

jones/bhandari djones at uclink.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 19 14:08:34 MDT 1995

On the topic, some books FYI:

George E McCarthy Marx's Critique of Science and and Positivism: The
Methodological Foundations of Political Economy (Dodrecht: Kluwer
Publishers, 1988)

Gavin Kitching, Marxism and Science: Anatomy of an Obsession. (don't have
cite; have it on hold). a 1994 book I think from Univ of Penn Press

Richard Hudelson, Marxism and Philosophy in the 20th Century: A Defense of
Vulgar marxism (NY: Praeger, 1990).

Looks like a review job for Ralph! Actually perhaps I'll post short reviews
after I read them (could be a few months).

Rakesh