oklahoma bombing -Reply

Michael D. Damore mdamore at moose.uvm.edu
Tue Apr 25 08:37:13 MDT 1995

C'mon... are we not abusing the term "anarchy" here like so many in the
political mainstream do.  "Anarchy" is not chaos, and vice versa, nor is
anarchy the point where the Left and Right meet.
	Anarchism is an old and cherished philosophy and it's proponents
(Bakunin, Kropotkin, Goldman, and modern day versions like Chomsky) have
much to add to the discourse of the Left.  There are also those members
of the "libertarian" (a word stolen from the left, BTW -- apt for
capitalists, I would say) parties and the like, who claim to be
anarchists.  I guess most of the non-racist militia movement would fit at
this extreme.  But, as with many who claim anarchists principles, I have
found a definite streak of authoritarianism in their platform, at best
these folks are for small-time community repression as opposed to
big-time federal government repression.
	Newt Ginrich on the other hand, has nothing to do with anarchy --
he's an authoritarian prick with dilussions of being the dictator over
the masses.  The rhetoric of the Republican party has nothing to do with
any form of anarchist philosophy, it is simply an excuse to grant the
capitalists the right to rob and pillage the workers at will.

Mike D'Amore