Bombings/globalisation?

Bernard J. Goitein bjg at bradley.bradley.edu
Wed Apr 26 10:01:54 MDT 1995

The high frequency of outright incompetence and stupidity in ruling class
decision making is surprising.  For evidence, if
you have a US college/university nearby, go visit a MBA (or undergraduate
business management) class some day.  Virtually every member of this
list will observe that the students of capitalism in the class
(and frequently the instructor as well) understand
capitalism less well than you do.  Particularly striking is the
ignorance of global capital, the IMF/World bank, or even an understanding of
 why the dollar is falling these days against the yen, mark, franc (pound
sterling too?), or the exchange rate's relationship to US budget deficit
policies (particularly as these mushroomed over the last 15 years).

Considering the ignorance of would be lackeys of capitalist class interest,
 let alone others (some of these folks actually take Rush Limbaugh
seriously!), implies that education work by the left is sorely needed, and
should be pretty effective.  Further, support may be
 obtained from folks that one is tempted to otherwise write off- e.g.,
employees of the World Bank.

(snip, snip)