MARX'S 'EARLY WORKS' QUERY

Santiago Colas scolas at umich.edu
Thu Apr 27 19:31:51 MDT 1995

Ralph,

You need the book.  It contains, "Critique of Hegel's Doctrine of the
State," Letters from the _Franco-German Yearbooks_, "On the Jewish
Question," "A contribution to the Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
Right.  Introduction,"  "Excerpts from James Mill's _Elements of
Political Economy_", EPM, and "Critical Notes on the Article 'The King of
Prussia and Social Reform.  By a Prussian'" plus in the Appendix the
Theses Concerning Feuerbach and the Preface to the 1859 Critique.  The
Hegel manuscript you were asking about is very worthwile indeed.
However, I can't speak for the translation's quality.

Best,

Santiago

Santiago Colas					e-mail:	scolas at umich.edu
Asst. Professor					phone:	(313) 763-4352
Latin American and Comparative Literature	fax:	(313) 764-8163
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI  48109-1275
USA