MARX'S 'EARLY WORKS' QUERY

Santiago Colas scolas at umich.edu
Fri Apr 28 07:14:09 MDT 1995

Just in case there is confusion:  it is clear to me, Ralph, that you
don't want the so-called "Contribution to a critique of Hegel's
philosophy of right. Introduction".  But your last post suggested that
you believe that you want the manuscript text to which this serves as an
introduction.  But no such text exists.  Again, what we have is a
manuscript that is, and is entitled, "Critique of Hegel's Doctrine of the
State".  Now, I guess since Hegel's doctrine of the state is a portion of
his Philosophy of Right (or Law), that one might want to assume that this
ms. of Marx is some portion of that phantom total critique of Hegel's
Philosophy of Right to which the "introduction." text appears to allude.
But I think that would be an assumption.  Santiago

Santiago Colas					e-mail:	scolas at umich.edu
Asst. Professor					phone:	(313) 763-4352
Latin American and Comparative Literature	fax:	(313) 764-8163
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI  48109-1275
USA