MOOs etc. for marxism list

Jon Beasley-Murray jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Tue Aug 1 17:09:22 MDT 1995

I don't know much about MOOs, and generally haven't found them helpful
myself--though occasionally I have, and I know plenty who are very much
into them, both for socializing and for discussion.

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't establish a marxism list room in
a MOO, for those who are into such things.  Probably most obviously we
could use either the PMC or the IATH MOOs, both of which are at Virginia,
the marxism list's base (and it is the IATH that "houses" the spoon
collective's lists).

Now, I know much less about establishing rooms, but I understand this is
a way of creating a realtime forum, and also a place to put messages or
resources.

If anyone on the list *does* have some knowledge about this, please get
in touch, and I can see what we can do.

Take care

Jon

Jon Beasley-Murray