Proposal for outline on p.e.

Paul Zarembka ECOPAULZ at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
Sun Aug 6 16:27:44 MDT 1995

I am not ready to jump in with specific proposals, but what Jerry says
here is completely correct and something I deeply feel--we must get on
with advancing Marxist theory.  Back in my intellectual childhood when I
was a neoclassical neoclassical, we certainly were not constantly
debating Smith, Ricardo, Mill, Marshall or even Keynes (altho he has been
more subject to debate) the way Marxists often do for Marx.  There is
absolutely no reason for Marxists to be on the defensive in their theory--its
far ahead of bourgeois theory even when we make mistakes.

Jerry, thanks for driving the point home.  Maybe start, Jerry, by posting
Marx's outline for future work.

Paul Zarembka