Genocide against the Serbs

Bryan A. Alexander bnalexan at umich.edu
Sun Aug 6 19:29:53 MDT 1995

I just returned from former Yugoslavia this week, which is why I've been
mum.  So instead of finding more anarchist-bashing, I discover the list
aflame with Balkan politics.  Well...
	Croatia is clearly doing more than flirting with fascism.  The
state is reorganizing the language, creating a mythical "Croatian" where
there was no such thing previously.  Militarism was rampant in Split and
Zagreb.  Dissent? ha!  Best of all was the Croatian state's new currency:
the beloved kuna, former cash unit of the Ustashe-

Bryan Alexander
Department of English
University of Michigan