Former Yugoslavia

Marcus Strom MSTROM at nswtf.org.au
Mon Aug 7 16:08:16 MDT 1995

All these discussions on the war in the former Yugoslavia remind me
of a cartoon I once saw. It was a sketch of a typical north American
journalist, picture CNN, overcoat included. Behind him on the 'TV'
screen a war raged. His comment to those 'back home' in tv land:
"What we are witnessing is the balkanisation of Yugoslavian politics"

Although at a higher level, I find much of the debate on this list in
a similar vein. Forgive me if I have missed any lucid discussion -
much of the debate i junked without reading fully - the volume too
great.

What I did discover was a strong streak of liberalism floating about