Interventions

Jeffrey Booth booth2 at husc.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 8 08:19:49 MDT 1995

	Briefly:  Chris claims I'm against any reformist demands
regarding U.S. imperialism.  If I understand his use of the word
reformist the true answer is: I am and I am not against them.  I have no
trouble demanding U.S. out of El Salvador (I was in CISPES) or U.S. out
of Haiti (along with the MPP), etc... .  I was also involved in
divestment struggles in the Boston area.  But I am not for these ideas
ALONE.  I believe a transitional method is the best approach.  And as
Carrol so eloquently put it (I'm paraphrasing):  when did any of the
anti-intervention struggles from East Timor to South Africa include a
demand for U.S./Imperialist troops to be sent in?!? (Don't start-up with
the recent Haiti intervention because a lot of Haitian groups were and
are against that intervention).

				-- Jeff Booth