"The end of Trotskyism ?"

Jeffrey Booth booth2 at husc.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 9 09:31:52 MDT 1995

Rob,
	I read Tim's book.  Granted, maybe I should have elaborated on why
I still think he's acting like a "Healeyite".  One of the grossest things
the Healeyites did was to hook-up materially and politically with Kaddafi
(sp?) in Libya.  I see an analogy between that and Tim's reliance on
UN/imperialist forces as a potentially progressive force.
	Also, I believe that Social Democrats have a rigid, sectarian
stance on issues which I feel has been clearly identifiable in Tim's
posts.  This also reminds me of the Healyites' method or lack thereof.  I
could go on but having said all that, what I was trying to get at in my
post was that some listers are setting up a straw man:  "Trotskyism",
without understanding what it is or only partially understanding it in my
opinion.

				-- Jeff Booth