Marx's "anti-Semitism"

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Thu Aug 10 08:34:32 MDT 1995

On Thu, 10 Aug 1995, Zinner, Eric wrote:
>      My recollection of Marx's essay is that his response to "the Jewish
>      Question" is largely of a piece with other enlightenment narratives
           <clip>

Louis Proyect:
Eric, old bean, you hit the nail right on the head. At this minute I am
trying to set up a test environment for a decision support database at Columbia
University, and by night I'm trying to wade through thousands of pages of
material on Zimmerwald, Trotskyist opposition to WWII, etc. I JUST DON'T
HAVE TIME TO DEVOTE TO THIS TOPIC RIGHT NOW! (This is shouting, btw).

I see that you're employed by Routledge. I assume this is the publisher
rather than Routledge plumbing supplies or Routledge aluminum siding.
To gain employment at a class act like Routledge, some research
skills are required. Therefore, why don't you mobilize some of your
skills and come up with answers to this question yourself. Leave off the
TV tonight, stay out of the Soho bars and art gallery openings for a
while, let the Hamptons go for a few weekends. Spend your time doing some
research and reflection and then come back to the list with a report. I'm
sure a person with your credentials will come up with something impressive.