Translation problems met in Marx Works, especially in Capital, vol I (fwd)

Fuyet Herve fuyeth at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Thu Aug 10 13:33:30 MDT 1995

fuyeth at tornade.ere.umontreal.ca
Herve Fuyet 735 0585,fax 879 8731

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 15:05:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: Fuyet Herve <fuyeth at ERE.UMontreal.CA>
To: owner majordomo <majordomo-owner at jefferson.village.virginia.edu>
Cc: Herve Fuyet <fuyeth at tornade.ere.umontreal.ca>
Subject: Translation problems met in Marx Works, especially in Capital, vol I

I am presently working on a paper dealing with the translation problems met
in translating Marx works, especially Capital.  For example the
interaction between the German, French and English versions, the assessment
of Marx rewriting of the French translation; the Soviet treatment of the
German Wert into the Russian stoimost or tsennost, the problems of the
translation of the thesis on Feuerbach about human nature etc.. Please
send me whatever you feel is appropriate : titles of books or articles,
specific problems you have encountered or solutions you found, etc.  Due
credit will be given to the perused contributions. The paper is for the
translation department of the U. of Montreal and might be published if
warranted.  I will post it in our group if advisable (but in French).
Thanks in advance for this collective effort. Herve Fuyet.
Sorry for the multiple typing, grammatical, spelling mistakes...
fuyeth at tornade.ere.umontreal.ca
Herve Fuyet 735 0585,fax 879 8731