Marx's "anti-Semitism"

Rob Frantz rfrantz at u.washington.edu
Thu Aug 10 16:30:25 MDT 1995

After all this cute discussion over whether Marx's anti-Semitic remarks
are really anti-Semitic, on how we need to take them into historical and
philosophical context, I'd just like to add that if I showed the
anti-Semitic quotes I presented from Marx to a cross-section of the adult
Jewish population of this country, probably 99% of them would recognize them
immediately as "anti-Semitic." They wouldn't need the dialectical
philosophizing of Ralph Dumain to figure it out.

Rob Frantz
Seattle, WA